At Buzz, we’re thrilled that smartphones are for more than checking Facebook, playing Candy Crush and online dating. Now, some honest-to-God useful technology enables people to control their access gates and garage doors with a smartphone app. MyQ technology allows you to open and close gates and garage doors, turn lights on and off, adjust your thermostat, and all sorts of nifty things, even when you’re far from home. Best of all, your friends at Buzz can install systems that are compatible with your smartphone, and teach you how to use them.
Use any device
The MyQ-enabled LiftMaster Internet Gateway connects your tablet, computer or smartphone with your gate operator, garage door opener, or other household systems. Want to double check that your garage door is closed while you’re tapping on your keyboard at a neighborhood café? You can see it right there on your computer screen. What if you’re on vacation in Italy and you want to double check that your gate back home is secure? Just click on your phone. Instant peace of mind.
Other cool features
There’s a lot to like about monitoring and controlling your castle via smartphone. Here are a few cool features of this technology:
- You’ll be notified if your gate or garage door is left open for a suspiciously long time.
- You can review the history of timing for gates being opened and closed.
- You can set schedules to open and close your gate or garage door.
- Voice automation is available through Alexa.
- Camera view options let you see license plates of cars at your gate
- You can turn the lights in your garage on and off.
- You’ll receive real-time alerts when there’s activity around your garage door
- You can control up to 16 MyQ-enabled devices, including two different garage doors
- The technology works with most major garage door opener brands, including LiftMaster, Craftsman, Chamberlain, Genie, Overhead Door and Wayne Dalton.
Not sure your setup is compatible with a smartphone app? Distrust any technology invented since 1980? Don’t worry, your friends at Buzz are standing by to answer all your questions. If you like the idea of being able to monitor, shut and close your gate and garage door from afar, give us a call today.
Why Homeowners Love Smart Access Gates
Homeowners love smart access gates for their ease of use and affordability! We asked some local real estate agents what current homebuyers think about remote access gates, learn more about current market trends that could affect the value of your home!
Are you a local real estate agent or recently install a smart access gate in your home? Let us know all your tips and tricks using this form and get featured on our blog!