You likely recognize the value of creating a community. More than a group of houses, a neighborhood has borders where people gather in shared spaces: sidewalks, parks, pools, clubhouses, cul-del-sacs and recreational areas.
Protecting that community and making it feel exclusive, safe and private is what perimeter fencing and gates contribute. Depending on the amenities in your neighborhood, fencing may already be a requirement in some areas. Pool fencing, playgrounds and other community spaces need controlled access to reduce liability and receive local permits. Consider adding fencing and gates around a perimeter to be considered a “gated community”.
Benefits of Gated Communities
- Studies show home values increase (as high as $30,000!) in a gated community
- Insurance rates decrease for landlords in a condo, townhome and apartment community and for homeowners in a private neighborhood with barrier fencing and gates.
- Fencing adds to the design and brand of the neighborhood and compliments landscaping. Extend a grand entrance with stone columns throughout a property.
- Perimeter fencing can be added early, before all lots are developed. Protect construction equipment and materials with the privacy a perimeter fence provides. Command a higher starting price for land in your community.
- Reduce road noise and urban traffic. Depending on the location, noise can be a factor and contribute to fewer buyers and lower asking prices.
Types of Private Communities
- Planned neighborhoods
- Master planned communities
- Golf course and lakefront properties
- Senior living and assisted living communities
- Luxury condo and townhome areas
- Urban and Luxury apartment complexes
- HOA (Homeowners Associations)
Fencing Supply vs. Subcontract to Fence Company
As a general contractor in the business of building homes, your first thought might be how hard is it to build a fence? In truth, it’s a trade and specialty as old as the art of home building. For the same reason you subcontract roofing and HVAC, fencing and gates are another consideration.
While you certainly can partner directly with fence and gate manufacturers, the volume of fencing you would purchase in a year is far less than a fencing company. Better materials at a lower cost is possible by working with Buzz Custom Fence. We partner directly with manufacturers and are a fence supply, installer, contractor and designer. We are exclusive distributors for several lines of fencing/gates which eliminates one level of a middle man thus saving you money and receiving a one of a kind fence. In addition, our access control team installs beautiful gates powered by electric and solar with easy access options for residents from key fobs to codes and smartphone control.
Buzz Custom Fence is licensed and permitted to work in all areas of North Texas and our team has experience on large projects.