Easy Care & Durable Vinyl Fencing
With their easy maintenance and longevity, vinyl fences are highly recommended and are becoming an increasingly popular substitute for chain link and wood fence solutions. Vinyl fences offer great security, a beautiful design and an affordable cost. Many Dallas Fort Worth homeowners choose vinyl for their new fence because it typically lasts much longer than other fences and is nearly five times stronger than wood. You can expect your North Texas vinyl fence to last a long time! If low maintenance is what you seek, you can find it in vinyl fences. They do not decompose and are virtually rust free making them ideal for garden beds.
Vinyl Fencing is Ultraviolet Resistant
The manufacturing process for vinyl fencing varies for different vinyl brands, but all vinyl fences are made of high-tech polyvinyl compounds that stand up to wear and tear better than most other fence materials. Early forms of vinyl fencing were essentially PVC piping flattened and extruded to look like lumber. Although the product was durable, the polyvinyl chloride would degrade and turn yellow after a short time in the sun. Today’s Texas vinyl fencing manufacturers add titanium oxide to the outer layers of the fencing for better UV resistance.
Flexibility and Tensile Strength for Your DFW Property
Thanks to the high-tech polyvinyl compounds used in today’s vinyl fencing, you can expect your new North Texas vinyl fence to have five times the tensile strength of wood. Vinyl is also four times more flexible than wood, meaning it’s very difficult to stretch or tear apart making it a great privacy fence. Vinyl fences are impervious to many other problems commonly associated with wood fencing, including rot, splintering, and termites.
Texas Vinyl fencing manufacturers are so confident in the fence durability that each one is backed by a lifetime, limited warranty. A warranty can come in handy as a bargaining chip or as extra incentive when showing your DFW home to potential buyers, should the day ever come when you decide to sell.
Great Looks for Your Dallas Forth Worth Home
Speaking of design, vinyl fences can also appear to look like wood making them a great option for a privacy fence. It can also be difficult to tell any difference between vinyl and composite fencing. Besides the similarity, composite fencing is made from recycled plastics and wood pieces.
Vinyl fences are another green option, but are made strictly from PVC. Like any plastic, they can be formed into any shape imaginable making them easier to install than composite because the panels notch together—no nails or screws needed!
Plus, vinyl fences come in an array of colors and patterns that mimic other privacy fence types. If you want a virtually maintenance-free fence with the look of wood, opt for a textured vinyl fence to get the strength and durability of wood with the low-maintenance care of vinyl fencing.
A few tips to maximize the life of your new vinyl fence or gate:
- Adjust the vinyl gate every Spring: re-tamp and realign loose posts, oil the gate hinges, and tighten the screws once a year.
- Do not let the gate swing in the wind. Keep it secured.
- Do not stack or mount any objects or other materials near your fence.
- Avoid using a weed trimmer at the base of the fence.
Your Buzz Custom Fence design consultant can help you choose the vinyl fencing style that works best for your Dallas Fort Worth residence. Contact us today
See what our Dallas Fort Worth customers are saying:
— Homeowner in Kennedale, TXI called and set up an appointment for a free estimate. Andrew came out very quickly and gave me estimates for a couple options. My gate was in bad shape, and I really just wanted the fence facing the street replaced. Andrew was straightforward with the costs for a cedar fence, vinyl fence, and conc. curb. I ended up with the cedar fence, steel posts, and concrete curb. I bought an Angie's list deal to help offset the costs. The quality of work is great, better than the last fencing contractor I used. It looks like a very robust fence. I only wish I could afford to have them replace all of my fence. Great job, and when I’m ready for more fence replacement, I’ll be calling Buzz. Communication was good, scheduling was prompt, and quality was great.
Vinyl Fence Specialists — JOANNE | Carrollton, TXWe’ve used Buzz Custom Fence services twice this year! Excellent Customer Care & Services each time! Very pleased with their professionalism & repairs on our Vinyl fence and gates.
Excellent service and very professional — Melinda | Farmers Branch, TXDue to a tree hitting and damaging our fence, we need the top rail of the fence replaced. Contacted Buzz Fence who installed our original vinyl fence for a quote to replace this piece. Garrett Casey provided a quote that was reasonable and were able to came out a week earlier than scheduled and installed the new piece within 15-20 minutes. The installer Freddy was fantastic and very professional. Great experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Clean My Vinyl Fence?
- On occasion, you may want to spray your fence using a hose. This will remove grass clippings, dirt and fertilizer chemicals and keep it looking as new as possible.
- To remove minor stains use soap and water.
- For removal of major stains, use a plastic safe decrease or a 10:1 water/bleach mixture.
How Will My Vinyl Fence Perform in Hot and Cold Weather Conditions in DFW?
- Vinyl becomes less flexible in cold weather. However, unless subjected to unusual or extreme impact, it will not break. Your fence is engineered to withstand normal changes in temperature and changing climates in Dallas Fort Worth.
- It is normal for materials to expand and contract with changes in temperature. Flexibility is common and a benefit of a vinyl fence, which allows it to maintain its strength and shape.
Will My Colored Vinyl Fence Fade?
- Yes, all building products when exposed to sunlight gradually weather over time depending on your climate; this is called normal weathering.
Will My White Vinyl Fence Turn Yellow?
- Any white product will gradually dull or fade over time, but this should not be noticeable to you.
Will My Vinyl Fence Chalk?
- Light chalking is a normal occurrence of all vinyl products. Generally, rainfall or the use of a garden hose will remove most chalking.
Can I Paint My Vinyl Fence?
- There is no reason to paint your fence. Vinyl fencing comes in a variety of color choices to satisfy any yard décor. If you decide to paint your fence, you will void the warranty.
Maintenance Tips for Your Dallas Fort Worth Vinyl Fence
To maximize the life of your new fence, address these areas:
- Adjust the gate every Spring – as a reminder, gate adjustments and leveling are normal care and a DIY maintenance item
- Oil the gate hinges, and tighten the screws once a year.
- Do not let the gate swing in the wind. Keep it secured.
- Deter children from swinging on the gate.
Re-tamp and realign the loose posts.
- Do not stack or mount any objects or material near your fence.
- Avoid using a weed trimmer at the base of the post.