Although some people love the look of an old wooden fence that’s faded to gray over the years, many homeowners prefer to preserve their fence’s original color for as long as possible. One way to facilitate this is to opt for a colored stain on the structure. Fence staining and painting can leave a transparent, barely-there tint on the wood or dye it a rich shade of yellow, orange, or red.
At Buzz Custom Fence, we proudly offer Wood Defender Stains as an option on all our wood fences and decks. The benefits of Wood Defender Stains include:
- Uniform application – Nothing in nature is completely perfect, which means that fences made of natural wood often exhibit noticeable variations in color. Stains can help create consistent coloration among individual pieces.
- Waterproofs your fence – Water is surprisingly destructive to man-made structures, and wooden fences are no exception. Staining gives your fence a buffer against normal precipitation.
- Mildew Resistant – Mildew stinks, both literally and Wood Defender stains will help inhibit the growth of irritating fungus, thus increasing the life of your fence.
- Shields U.V. rays – We’ve all seen how sunlight can fade everyday objects (like clothing and outdoor furniture). Use a stain to stay one step ahead of the sun’s destructive capabilities.
- Stabilizes wood color – Natural wood also tends to fade inconsistently and relatively quickly—it’s just a quirk of the substance. A stain, however, will keep things looking fresh and even for years to come.
- Restores weathered wood – You can’t teach an old dog new tricks, but you canbreathe new life into tired-looking fences with a beautiful stain.
- Special formulation for extreme climates – Worried about how your staining will fare during the height of summer or dead of winter? Don’t be. Wood Defender already has these situations it covered.
Our wood fence staining process includes pre-dipping each picket individually to ensure a more consistent color throughout. We only use pickets with a moisture content of 18% or less, as dry pickets have an easier time absorbing color and oil than moist ones. With proper application, installation, and maintenance, a stained fence or deck will last for years—and it will add to both the ambiance and resale value of your home.
Schedule Fence Staining
Tired of looking at your old, unprotected fence? Contact Buzz Fence to schedule staining and waterproofing your wood fence!